Thursday, November 25, 2010

Being thankful today... and tomorrow... and the next...

I'm not as hungry now...


Being thankful for something requires only one prerequisite... The mind must be currently thinking about what there is to be thankful for!

Thanksgiving is a wonderful opportunity to give thanks for the people and things God has graced each of us with. During some internal dialogue (yes, I do in fact talk to myself. Wonderful habit, I suggest it to anyone!) in the course of my drive back home for the holidays, I came up with a list of what I was most thankful for. It was a wonderful thing for my mind to do!

Yet isn't it also really sad? I mean, honestly? I made a list for what I was thankful for because it is Thanksgiving this week. Because the US government tells me to set aside this particular Thursday each November, I thought about what I was thankful for.

Now imagine if I truly thought about what I was thankful for each and every day!?! Not only me, what if every single person thought about even just one thing every day that they were thankful for? May this Thanksgiving serve as a reminder to us all that turkey is tasty, family is fantastic, and (so as not to spoil the alliteration) being thankful is thoughtful. Think of others, thank God for others, and may your thankfulness be an offering of love to both Christ and all of those whom you love.

Happy Birthday Mr. Turkey,
Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment